Managing diabetes during Ramadan
Event date: 31 May 2016
Date: 31st May 2016
Time: 10.00am – 12.30pm
Venue: Grange Interlink Community Centre, Summerville Road, Bradford BD7 1PX.
Ramadan is a special time for Muslim people and if you’re living with diabetes, you'll want to know how best to control your diabetes while fasting. It is important to prepare as early as possible.
Join us on the 31st May to understand how to manage your diabetes safely during Ramadan. The event is being held by GPs and healthcare staff from our CCG together with Muslim Imams.
GPs and Imams will deliver the event which will focus on:
- Islam and healthy living
- fasting safely with diabetes
- what foods are best to eat
- keeping up with your medication
- organisations and people who can support you
- stalls by Diabetes UK, Diabetes nurses, dieticians, health trainers, health champions, health care professionals, podiatry, self-care team and local Imams.
On the day, we will also be joined by:
- diabetes psychology team
- eye screening team
- diabetes specialist nurses
- Diabetes UK
- self-care team
Who should attend?
Patients with diabetes and people who are caring for someone with diabetes. The event will also be useful for any community or faith group who fast.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
How to book your place
Please let us know if you have any access and /or dietary requirements.